Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Brother Russel came to visit - Part 2

June 7, 2008 - Saturday - Leavenworth, Steven’s Pass, Wenatchee Lake, Deception Fall

The next morning (Saturday), we drove over the mountain to Leavenworth. Leavenworth is a Bavarian town. The drive was a beautiful one. It was raining on the west side of the mountain but on the east side it was bright and sunny.

Our first stop was Steven’s Pass. It was closed for the season. But there was still a bit of snow up there. We did not spend a lot of time at the pass because all was shut, and we were in a hurry to see what Leavenworth was like. Shiloh and Ashley have been up here a couple of times skiing and snowboarding. They say it is more fun in the winter time when there is a bunch of snow on the ground.

Our second stop was Leavenworth. We walked through the streets and did a little shopping then we stopped and ate lunch at a place called “The Duck & Drake”. After lunch we continued shopping, although we did not buy much of anything. Part of our second stop included the Fish Hatchery in Leavenworth, where a youth fishing day was being held. It was fun walking around and seeing the joy on the young faces when they caught a fish. The park rangers were gutting and cleaning the fish (Trout) for the children. As we walked around the Hatchery, we saw Salmon, in all stages of life. Look at the picture of the juvenile salmon learning to jump, for his trip back up the river later in his life.

Our third stop was Wenatchee Lake. This has a pleasant beach and plenty of camping areas. We are thinking that this would be a great place to come this summer. Somewhere near here, we also stopped at a landscaping park. It was a place where a local landscaper displayed his work. It was so beautiful. We took a ton of pictures here.

Our fourth stop was Deception Falls. This was a neat fall, right at the edge of the road. The walk to the falls was an easy walk and I enjoyed being able to hike it. After we took a ton of pictures, Bill and Russ hiked around by the river for about 2 miles.

At the end of the day we all came home tired and got a good night sleep.

No comments: